New Deadline for Abstracts: February 15, 2017
Re/inventions is the annual conference organized by the English Graduate Student Association of California State University, Long Beach. Our goal is to provide a forum in which graduate students and advanced undergraduates may present their academic research in a conference setting. Re/Inventions promotes interdisciplinary collaboration and engagement among students from Southern California and around the globe.
As we solicit papers which explore the theme Spaces, we ask scholars to consider what it means to embody spaces. Potential topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Creating spaces
- Controlled spaces
- Wilderness, Nature
- Light and Dark
- Feminine and Masculine
- Exile, disaster, trauma, refugee narratives
- Controlled or Appropriated spaces
- Narratives of Movement/Immigration/Emigration
- Beauty [Standards of, Aesthetics of, etc.]
- History, time and place
- Body as a physical space, gender, sexuality, etc.
- Genre novels and their location within academia
- Visual literacy and its location within academia
- Spaces for, and definitions of, literacies
- Animals as pets, guides, guards, and allegories
- Sleeping and dreaming
- Minor characters
This forum is intended for the presentation of academic papers and/or projects, including multimedia presentations. A limited number of creative submissions will also be considered.
SUBMIT ABSTRACTS OF 250-300 WORDS ALONG WITH A CURRENT CV TO: EGSA.CSULB@GMAIL.COM.
Presentations should run approximately 12 to 15 minutes.
Please visit: http://www.cla.csulb.edu/departments/english/reinventions/ for more information