CFP for Social Justice Quarterly
Call For Submissions for the Next Issue of The NWSA Social Justice Quarterly!
The NWSA Social Justice Task Force is publishing the NWSA Social Justice Quarterly, a publication that will
share commentaries, articles of interest, abstracts of peer reviewed articles, reports, policy briefs, interviews,
art, poetry, short stories, book reviews and more that are related to the issue of social justice; shared through a
feminist lens and an anti-oppression framework.
We hope to provide a platform for engaging and thought-provoking work that can help inspire not only
dialogue, but advocacy and action. We are currently welcoming submissions for our next issue—the theme is
the intersectionality of police violence.
Please include the following with your submission:
Professional affiliation or if a student, Academic institution
Title of article
12-point, Times New Roman font
List of references (if applicable)
A headshot (optional)
• We accept work from every genre, including: nonfiction essays, commentaries, abstracts of peer reviewed
• articles, reports, book reviews, fiction, poetry, and visual art. We are really looking for diverse submissions
• that fall within the theme of each issue.
• The writing must be the original work of the author and may be personal, theoretical, or a combination of the
• We are currently accepting pieces that are up to 3 pages long (Including citations). If your work is longer
• than that, consider submitting an abbreviated version for publication. (Special consideration will be given to
• Simultaneous submissions are acceptable, as long as you immediately notify us if your piece is accepted
• We are interested in original, unpublished pieces.
• You may request to identify yourself by name, alias, or as “anonymous” for publication in the newsletter.
• Please include a brief bio (2-3 sentences) with your submission.
Please allow three weeks for a response. If you don't hear back within 4 weeks, feel free to contact us at
The submission deadline for the Inaugural issue is August 15, 2015, midnight (PST).