Arts Education Programs Assistant at P.S. ARTS Offices
Arts Education Programs Assistant
Position: Education and Programs Assistant
Date Created: 02/05/15
Reports to: Program Senior Staff
Location: P.S. ARTS Offices, Venice, CA
Hours: General 9am-5pm, but must be able to work nights and weekends
Designation: Full time, non-exempt, temporary with high possibility of permanent status as of 07/01/15
The Education and Programs Assistant will provide general administrative and logistical support for the Program department's activities. The Education and Programs Assistant will assist with and participate in multi-disciplinary Classroom Studio in-school programs, Community Outreach events and Inside Out Community Arts (IOCA) after-school theater programs.
• Provide administrative support for P.S. ARTS' Program Team, including, but not limited to: maintenance of department calendar, coordination of meetings, processing paperwork, data entry and ordering of supplies
• Provide logistical support for program activities, including, but not limited to: Faculty Training Series professional development program, community art festival events, Family Art Night events, IOCA camp, field trips, and student theatrical productions.
• Archive images of student work, grant documentation, surveys and program video
• Assist in the coordination of correspondence with Teaching Artists, schools and staff
• Track Teaching Artist curriculum and documentation
• Generate internal and external program communications in concert with marketing department, including printed collateral and social media
• Perform other related tasks and general office support as needed
Working Conditions. The Education and Programs Assistant will:
• Perform work while seated at a desk for several hours at a time
• Travel and attend meetings and events outside the office, which may require occasional use of a motor vehicle for transportation to other locations. Due to responsibilities requiring travel to locations not easily accessible by public transportation, driving is an essential job responsibility for this position. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
• Work in and outside of the office on some weekends, evenings and/or occasional extended workdays
• Regularly lift up to 40lbs
• Minimum of a B.A. degree required, arts background preferred but not required
• Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
• Must be computer proficient, familiar with Mac and PC systems and Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be organized, flexible, self-motivated and able to work well in a team or independently
• Must possess a passion for the mission and healthy sense of humor
Please note: This position is designated as Temporary until the close of our fiscal year but we do intend to make this a Permanent position as of July 2015.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line "EDUCATION AND PROGRAMS ASSISTANT". No phone calls or hard copies, please. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
P.S. ARTS' mission is to improve the lives of children by bringing arts education to underserved public schools and their communities. www.psarts.org
Main 310.586.1017 | Fax 310.740.8163