Employment | Pitzer Graduate Assistant for Career Services
Pitzer College’s Career Services Center seeks a graduate student interested in higher education, student affairs, business, counseling, or a related field to help launch new initiatives to build and foster strong partnerships with employers, alumni, parents and other external community members to provide exciting new career and internship opportunities for our students and graduates. This part-time, staff position will be flexible around your course schedule, while providing you with real-world experiences to apply to your graduate work.
Please note this is a summary of the essential functions and requirements for the position; for a detailed description please visit our applicant site at https://pitzer.peopleadmin.com/. The individual must possess knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Assist with employer relations activities including supporting the development and maintenance of employer partnerships.
- Coordinate campus employer information sessions, interviews, & information tables within a multi-school consortium.
- Assist the Career Services staff in the planning and implementation of events.
- Provide crucial communications and follow-up with alumni, parents/family members, employers and others who submit job/internship opportunities or other resources
- Assist in managing Career Services branded job shadowing and internship fund processes and programs
- Present Career Services workshops (resume, cover letter, internship search etc.) to students and student groups
- Assist in marketing Career Services events through electronic and social media platforms as well as print materials
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Efficient in time management and exceptional follow-though on a wide variety of tasks related to career services operations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and clarity of verbal and written communication in English. Demonstrate a high level of effectiveness and comfort with interpersonal communication skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds and at different professional levels.
- Working knowledge of current versions of Microsoft Office (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook), social media networking and an ability to quickly learn new electronic platforms as needed. Demonstrated understanding of the use of technology to achieve annual goals and maintain confidentiality.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and work both independently and as a collaborative member of the Career Services team.
- Perform all duties with a high standard of integrity, ethics, and professional confidentiality.
- Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills to complete work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate initiative, ingenuity and creativity. Ability to carry out new initiatives and bring new ideas to the department.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to and appreciation for diversity and inclusion.
- Must be able to drive self to local offsite locations.
Rate of Pay: The hourly rate is $15.00 per hour, plus 24.0 California sick time granted after 30 days of employment and available for use beginning the 90th day of employment. Due to the part-time status of this position, it is not eligible for any other employment benefits.
PRIORITY DEADLINE: Applications received by September 10, 2018 will receive priority consideration. Review of applications will commence immediately. Please visit our web site at https://pitzer.peopleadmin.com/ to complete the online application and have the following documents ready to upload:
- Resume: Provide relevant experience with dates.
- Letter of Interest: Please briefly describe 1) any relevant qualification not captured in the online application or your resume, and 2) your reason for being interested in this position.
- Professional References: Provide a list three professional references, including their names, business titles, phone numbers, email addresses, and an indication of how you are acquainted with them (e.g., former supervisor, coworker, etc.). References will be contacted for top applicants only and advance notice will be provided.
- (Optional) Letters of Recommendation: You may provide copies of up to two letters of recommendation.
PITZER COLLEGE is a top-ranked liberal arts institution and member of the prestigious consortium of The Claremont Colleges. With a student body of approximately 1,000 co-educational undergraduates, Pitzer’s core values include social responsibility, intercultural understanding, interdisciplinary learning, student engagement and environmental sustainability.
Pitzer College adheres to both the letter and the spirit of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We strongly encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.