Internship | CGU/Wendy Curatorial Assistantship
CGU/Wende Museum Curatorial Assistantship
The Museum Studies Program announces a new Curatorial Assistantship in collaboration with The Wende Museum of the Cold War in Culver City, California. The assistantship is a six-month position, requiring 20 hours of work per week, and at least three days a week at the museum. The Curatorial Assistant will be paid $8,500.
The responsibilities of the curatorial intern will include, but are not restricted, to:
- Learning how to handle museum materials and use the database in support of curatorial activities
- Discussing future exhibitions and programs with the Chief Curator
- Developing exhibition display plans with the Chief Curator and the Manager of Education and Exhibitions
- Supporting the exhibition preparation and installation process
- Helping to organize and run programs together with the Chief Curator and the Gallery and Special Projects Manager
The Assistantship is open to any student in the School of Arts and Humanities who has taken at least one course in Museum Studies. Please submit a cover letter that describes your interest in the position, your suitability for it and what you hope to gain from it, and a CV to Prof. Joshua Goode, Joshua.email@example.com by September 12th, 2018.
The CGU Museum Studies/Wende Museum Curatorial Assistantship is supported through a generous grant from the Mark Chapin Johnson Foundation.