Town Hall Meeting Notes
Notes from the School of Arts & Humanities Forum with Dean Schneider
- The History department is conducting a search for a 19-20th Century American History Professor.
- Already there are more than 70 applications!
- The deadline for the application is October 10th.
- Job Talks are estimated to begin in December, with the new professor in place by July 2015.Everyone should come for the job talks! They are a great way to gain experience with the academic hiring process and a way for students to voice their opinions about their future professor.
- The department is going through a Program Review, which is mandated by WASC.
- The faculty have completed a self study which will be evaluated by the external review team during their visit.
- A summery of the self study will be made available to students.
- The Program Review team has invited students to come share their experiences with the team. There will be two sessions for students to attend on October 9th.
- For more information about the sessions see the attached flier.
Critical Comparative Scriptures
- Professor Wimbush will be leaving CGU in December 2014.
- Plans for the position and the program will be explored during the Religion's Program Review.
Please email us with any comments or questions!
Student Council of Arts & Humanities