- On Friday, November 21, 2014 at 09:00
- Albrecht Auditorium - Claremont
- Duration : 8 hours
Deadline - Call for Conference Proposals - Los Angeles: Apex of Arts and Cultural Innovation
DEADLINE - Monday, December 15 Call for Proposals - Los Angeles: Apex of Arts and Cultural Innovation Some of the most interesting innovations in the arts and culture sectors in the world are happening in Los Angeles right now. They're happening in the organizations where you work, study, or visit. Why is Los Angeles such an incubator of innovation? Is what is happening in Los Angeles happening elsewhere? ...
- From Saturday, January 24, 2015 to Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 00:00
- Burkle 16
- Duration : 2 days
- email@example.com | http://paganconference.com/
- firstname.lastname@example.org | www.cgu.edu/pages/6243.asp
- From Friday, February 27, 2015 to Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 00:00
- Burkle 16 - Claremont
The Eighth Annual Religions in Conversation Conference at Claremont Graduate University, "Religion and Politics: Governance, Power, and the Sacred," will be held February 27-28th, 2015. This year's conference will explore the tensions and concurrences of religion and politics across a range of academic disciplines. In doing so, we hope to reveal how our understanding of religion within an array of social, cultural, and temporal contexts has been shaped and continues to be shaped by political ...
- Hillary Laga Kirkham
- From Friday, March 06, 2015 to Sunday, March 08, 2015 at 00:00
- Albrecht Auditorium, Stauffer Hall, 925 N. Dartm - Claremont
FRIDAY, MARCH 64:00 Welcome and IntroductionTammi J. Schneider—Claremont Graduate University4:10-5:30 Mormon Authority and Tradition(s)Robert Couch—Willamette University Scripture and Authority in the Mormon TraditionShelby Hamm—Claremont Graduate University Conflicting Perceptions of Priesthood & Its PowersThomas G. Evans—Claremont Graduate UniversityPriesthood, Prophecy, and the Failure of “The ...
- Jeffrey Turner | email@example.com
- On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 09:00
- Balch Auditorium, Scripps College - Claremont
2015 BRADSHAW CONFERENCEMarch 28, 2015 9am-6pmBalch Auditorium, Scripps College1030 Columbia Ave., Claremont CA 91711http://www.cgu.edu/bradshaw Some of the most interesting innovations in the arts and culture sectors in the world are happening in Los Angeles right now. Why is Los Angeles such an incubator of innovation? Is what is happening in Los Angeles happening elsewhere?To celebrate the first decade of the Arts Management and Museum Studies programs at Claremont Graduate University, the School ...
- firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.cgu.edu/bradshaw
Love and Justice: Consonance or Dissonance?
with a Special Pre-Conference Seminar: Thursday, February 18th, 1:00 - 7:00 PM
Love and justice have received a great deal of attention within philosophy, theology, psychology, neuroscience and sociology in recent years; but many views are controversial, and important questions remain unanswered. What do we mean by ‘love’ and ‘justice’ in everyday life, and how is this conceptualized in different disciplines? What are the problems ...
- email@example.com | http://www.cgu.edu/pages/6243.asp
- On Saturday, February 27, 2016 at 00:00
- Burkle Building & Albrecht Auditorium
9th Annual Religion in Conversations Conference
“The Undiscovered Country: Exploring New Territories of Religion and Struggle”
February 27th. 2016
Claremont Graduate University, Claremont, CA
Burkle Building & Albrecht Auditorium
If the Religions of the World share a common purpose, it could be argued that this purpose is that of providing – whether through sacred text, ritual, or myth-making – expressions to what is most meaningful or of ultimate ...
- firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.cgu.edu/pages/11775.asp
- From Thursday, March 03, 2016 to Saturday, March 05, 2016
- Pomona College Museum of Art
Pomona College Museum of Art and Claremont Graduate University
The Crossing/Art in Haiti and the U.S., a symposium convening national and international scholars and artists to examine the deep connections between the art and material culture of Haiti and the United States.
Schedule of events: http://www.pomona.edu/museum/events/2016/crossingla-travers%C3%A9e-art-haiti-and-us-1915-1986
- email@example.com | http://www.pomona.edu/museum/events/2016
- From Friday, March 25, 2016 to Saturday, March 26, 2016
- Albrecht Auditorium & Mudd Theater (CST)
The Howard W. Hunter Foundation and Mormon Studies at Claremont Graduate University invite you to attend the 2016 Mormon Studies Conference featuring keynote speaker Elder Dallin H. Oaks.
Elder Dallin H. Oaks is an American attorney, jurist, author, professor, and an Apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He will deliver the keynote address on religious freedom.
The conference will run for two full days of outstanding speakers:
Friday Mar. 25th: 10:00am ...
- firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.cgu.edu/religiousfreedom
- From Friday, April 15, 2016 to Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 00:00
- Friday-Albrecht Auditorium; Saturday-Hampton Roo
Supported by the Margaret Jagels Fund for Catholic Studies
Conference Chair: Anselm K. Min
Faith in God, hope in God, and love of God, often called “theological virtues,” constitute the heart of the Christian faith. History shows that different ages pose different challenges to these virtues. There is a widespread feeling today that globalization, secularization, social injustice, religious pluralism, and cultural nihilism pose radical challenges to faith, hope, and love. The conference ...
- email@example.com | http://www.cgu.edu/pages/11867.asp
- From Monday, July 25, 2016 to Saturday, July 30, 2016
- Claremont Graduate University
The Congress organization is a collaborative effort of the host, Claremont Graduate University (CGU) and the St. Shenouda the Archimandrite Coptic Society (SSACS) under the auspices of the IACS. In the 2012 IACS Business Meeting in Rome, the IACS approved Mr. Hany N. Takla, President of SSACS as the 2016 Congress secretary. The names of the other members of the Organizing Committee will be forthcoming. Any question about the information on this site or regarding any issue concerning the Congress ...
- On Friday, October 14, 2016 from 08:30 at 16:30
- Albrecht Auditorium, Stauffer Hall
Join us for “The Next Wave,” a conference to celebrate the pioneering work and impact of Applied Women’s Studies!
What kinds of social change and careers are possible for Applied Women’s Studies students at Claremont Graduate University?
Come and listen to answers from AWS Director Linda Perkins and alumni with AWS backgrounds at “The Next Wave: Effecting Change Through Applied Women’s Studies,” a special conference on October ...